How to correct a vendor invoice that is showing up as outstanding when it was paid with a check?
• If you don’t need to track the bill, you can delete it.
• If you need to track the bill, open the check that was written to the vendor:
- Change the items/expense accounts used to A/P (on expense tab). Add the vendor name in the customer:job column. This will generate a credit for the vendor.
- Open the bill payment window.
- Place a checkmark next to the bill.
- Click the set credits button.
- Place a checkmark next to the credit to be applied.
- Click Done.
- Click Pay & Close.
For more QuickBooks Tips, explore http://bit.ly/TipSeries. If you have any questions about this tip or any other tips, please email Marketing@CoverRossiter.com or call 302-656-6632. Visit our website at www.CoverRossiter.com/ for more information about our firm and its services.